Small Office/Home Networking Video Tutorial
Small Office or Home Networking.
Join author Garrick Chow as he provides an invaluable collection of information and tips on how to create and maintain a network between two or more computers, whether they're Macs or PCs.
He begins by explaining exactly what a network is and how to determine what type of network is right for the home or office. From there, the course shows how to share a single internet connection between all computers, how to move files over the network, and how to take advantage of shared network devices like printers and hard drives.
The course also covers expanding your network to connect additional computers, as well as how to troubleshoot common network problems.
• Connecting multiple computers together
• Understanding wired connections
• Managing a router
• Administrating a wireless router
• Connecting to a wireless network
• Activating WPA2 encryption
• Address filtering
• Creating a guest network
• Understanding firewalls and port forwarding
• Sharing files over a network
• Screen sharing
• Basic troubleshooting workflow
Published: Aug 02, 2016